St. Mary Villa provides licensed, “3 Star” rated full-time child care and after school care.
Full-Time Child Care
- Location: St. Mary Campus at 1704 Heiman Street, Nashville TN 37208.
- Age Range: Children 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Programs: Designed to ensure consistent, caring adult relationships that meet the child's total needs for physical, cognitive, emotional and social/cultural development domains.
- Care and Nurturing: Provided in partnership with parents and extended family.
- Communication: Daily interaction and regular communication with families is encouraged by all staff.
After School Care
Hours of Operation
- 6AM to 6PM Monday through Friday
- Holidays and staff training days listed in the calendar for planning alternative care arrangements.
Curriculum and Goals
St. Mary's Villa is very proud to offer a formalized approach to child develpment that is centered around educational "play" in a nurturing environment.
- Children enrolled in all programs are regularly assessed with curriculum-based tools that identify developmental progress and provide information for creating individualized education plans that encourage exploration and learning.
- In all areas, children are guided through a planned sequence of exposure, appreciation, and engagement to achieve mastery of new objectives.
- Individual and group opportunities are offered for learning and development including direct instruction, group interaction, independent practice, and facilitated creative play.
- Each day is structured to provide a comprehensive approach to child development for a balanced life.
- Progress is measured in regular observations and documented in reports to share with supervisors, families and evaluators in order to improve services and achieve identified goals.
THE INFANT PROGRAM
- Serves children beginning at 6 weeks and meets the special needs of infants by individualizing their daily schedules.
- Developmentally appropriate activities that introduce them to the sights, sounds and movements of their world are planned daily.
- The teacher/child ratio is 1:4.
THE TODDLER PROGRAM
- One class each for one year-olds and two year-olds including young three year-olds.
- Provides structured learning activities that emphasize development of language, social, and physical skills.
- There is a daily balance of active and quiet experiences with plenty of individual attention.
- The teacher/child ratio: one year-old classes - 1:5; two year-old/young three year-old classes - 1:6.
THE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
- Serves children ages 2.5 to 3.
- Offers first-hand experiences in creative arts, music, stories, dramatic play, science, group games and outdoor play.
- Utilizes independent and group activities, and is designed to develop strong cognitive and social skills.
- Teachers implement a comprehensive curriculum and work individually with children.
- The teacher/child ratio is 1:9.
THE PRE-K PROGRAM
- Serves children ages 3, 4, and 5.
- The teacher/child ratio is 1:13.
THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- Located at St. Henry and St. Ann schools offer secure and dependable supervision in a licensed.
- Offers a "Three-Star" quality rated setting from end of school day to 6 PM, with full day care on school holidays.
- Guided activities include time for homework, exercise and a snack.
- Eating healthy and exercise is important and are addressed in the curriculum and incorporated into the daily routine.
- The infant program works with families to provide the right start for each child; families provide the formula or breast milk and transitions to solid foods are coordinated with parents.
- All other program meals meet the daily dietary USDA requirements by age.
- Meals are served family style with the teacher joining the children.
- Meals include: Early breakfast if your child arrives before 7:45 am, mid-morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack.
- Menus and menu cycles are posted by month in the classroom.
- St. Mary Villa will individualize meal planning for children with medical needs and cultural requirements.